About Me

My photo
"I was a little girl, alone in my little world, who dreamed of a little home for me. I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in the pretty bed of green. I had a Dream That I could fly from the highest SWING, I had a Dream." lyrics by Priscilla Ahn

Friday, February 10, 2012

Unveiled


(Inspired by the photograph, Arab Spring.
This photo provided on Friday Feb. 10, 2012 by World Press Photo, the 2012 World Press Photo of the year by Samuel Aranda, Spain, for The New York Times, shows a woman holding a wounded relative during protests against president Saleh in Sanaa.)


Arab Spring



My eyes are screened...
But I see,
I see much more than you do.

My ears are clogged up...
But I hear,
I listen to that which you don't. 

My hands are gloved...
But I hold,
I hold that which you won't.

I'm swathed in black...
But I reflect,
I reflect more than you do.

I'm veiled,
But prevail!

-- Sindhu

No comments:

Post a Comment