About Me

My photo
"I was a little girl, alone in my little world, who dreamed of a little home for me. I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in the pretty bed of green. I had a Dream That I could fly from the highest SWING, I had a Dream." lyrics by Priscilla Ahn

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Silence says it all ...


"Silence says it all ..."

I saw it in the face of the old lady... She looked as aged as my ammamma(grandmother), who passed away a few months back. That's why my glimpse suddenly stuck on her face, the way she staggered through the rushing crowd in the railway station at Kollam. We, 3 of us, were waiting at the entrance of kollam Junction when she walked by our side. Her white clothe was soiled, her hair unkempt, and she looked very tired on the hot sunny day. She halted at a small step and struggled to climb it up, when a young man standing by, offered his hand to help her step up. She waved her hand, not allowing the man to touch her. She didn't speak a word, just showed the gesture, climbed up the step with all her might, and slowly walked away not at all minding the sick hurry around her...

Why didn't the old hands take the young hand??

No comments:

Post a Comment